Stephanie Gocklin is an established design and communications professional, with 11 years of publication experience and more than 14 years working with nonprofit organizations. For more than 10 years, Stephanie worked at the Independent Florida Alligator, the nation’s largest college newspaper, where she served as Production Manager and Art Director; she currently serves as Director of Communications and Strategy for the Alligator Alumni Association. In 2012, she organized the first U.S. presentation of “Poster for Tomorrow,” an international human rights art exhibition. Stephanie is a published artist, eight-time Florida Press Association Display Advertising award-winner and former judge for the 2010 FPA Better Weekly Newspaper Awards.
She has developed effective strategic communications and branding initiatives with startups, growing businesses and established organizations. Branding and design clients include startups, nonprofits and regional offices of major brands, such as Citigroup and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices.
I’m passionate about all things creative, building a portfolio of design, communications, advertising, marketing and writing professional experience. I’ve been helping clients apply logic and purpose to colorful, attention-grabbing designs for nearly 15 years, including 11 years of publication experience and more than 13 years working at nonprofit organizations.
My project experience ranges from layout to identity packaging to media kits to advertising and marketing materials. In addition to being a graphic designer, I am also an experienced writer and editor. Since 2010, I have been working on sustainability measures inside and outside of the office. I have simultaneously reduced paper waste and improved efficiency, and I have also created sustainable designs for outside organizations.
- Social media outreach for the 2016 Statewide Summit on Philanthropy in Florida, achieving trending Twitter hashtags ranking #48 in the United States and #1 in the Tampa Bay area
- Managing brand identities for statewide federally-funded programs, including logo design, brand enforcement and development of guidelines and co-branding standards
- Developing FloridaWorks rebranding process to CareerSource North Central Florida over a four-month period as part of a statewide branding initiative while maintaining CSNCFL originality and relevance; serving as project manager to launch new website and drive internal and external campaigns targeted toward partners, sponsors, staff and customers
- Directing the 2010 Redesign Committee at the Independent Florida Alligator, the nation’s largest student newspaper
- Designing the logo for Florida’s Workforce Professional Development Summit and presenting “How to Execute Big Dreams on a Small Budget,” a communications resource workshop
- 8-time winner of FPA’s Display Advertising Awards, including Best Real Estate Ad, Most Effective Use of Small Space and Best Use of Color; Served as a Judge for the Florida Press Association’s 2010 Better Weekly Newspaper Awards
- Pop culture designs published in “I Love Charts: The Book”, a print collaboration of charts from artists around the globe, sold at major retailers including Target, Amazon and Urban Outfitters
- Coordinating the first U.S. exhibition of “Poster for Tomorrow,” an international human rights art exhibition